Max and Herb Knit-Along
Join us in our free Max and Herb knit-along! We are ready for mild temperatures and fun nights outside! Find all the details below.
March 1st - May 31st, 2022. Prizes will be drawn in the first week of June.
WHICH PROJECT(S) CAN I ENTER?
Who doesn't love Drea Renee Knits? We know we love every single pattern! For this Knit-Along (KAL) we invite you to work on any of her patterns and use any yarn of your choice! If you need some inspiration, you will find lots in this Lookbook we've created. We will have prizes for two winners (see below).
OUR PATTERN SUGGESTIONS
Andrea Mowry has over 130 patterns on her list, so we understand if it is hard to choose one. Plus, with so many yarn options, it can be overwhelming! Here are some of our favorite patterns and yarn combinations for you to try!
- The Weekender is by far her most popular design. It is a drop shoulder design with positive ease that requires Worsted Weight yarn. Our yarn suggestions are Cumbria and Alpakka Ull. You could also try holding two fingering together like Josephine Flour delicate and Amble Chalk Cliffs.
- The shawl Birds of a Feather is romantic and ethereal. It's knitted with a Fingering Weight and Silk Mohair yarn. Our top choices are any combination of Leona and its corresponding match of Josephine, or Little Sister and Onion Silk Mohair. We love Dried Flowers and Powder, Blue Mountain and Off White, or Oktoberfest and Soft pink. And let me suggest buying more yarn and making the sweetest socks in the world, the Suska's Socks, holding both yarns together.
- Two gorgeous sweaters are the Wool & Honey sweater and Birch Pullover. They both call for Fingering weight yarn Josephine or Little Sister. I would also suggest buying one more hank of another color this time! You'll be able to make your new go-to hat, the Harlow hat.
- The Goldfinch or Thaliah Shawl are two gorgeous but very different in style shawls to make using our gorgeous Puna Cotton yarn or the new LITLG Sport . Now that spring is around the corner, these two are two great options to add to your wardrobe!
- Douglas cardi is a grandpa-style cardigan with a relaxed fit that calls for DK yarn. Our suggestion is the beautiful colors of SPOT. You can also incorporate a stripe or two of beautiful Halo Brushed Suri Alpaca to add a stunning mix of textures.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
It's free to join! You can start whenever you like, and there are three ways you can enter! All it takes is to share photos of your yarn, work in progress (WIPs), and/or finished project (FO) on our dedicated Ravelry Thread, or you can post your picture on Instagram tagging @maxandherb and using #MaxandHerbKAL in your caption. Please make sure your Instagram profile is public otherwise we won't be able to see our photo! If neither Ravelry nor Instagram are accessible to you, then you have the option to enter via email with the subject #MaxandherbKAL and attach a picture of your project.
Don't forget to read how others are doing! You'll find ideas, reassurance, and help from fellow knitters!
Top tip! Did you know that you can follow #s on Instagram as well as people? If you plan to enter via Instagram, we recommend you follow #MaxandHerbKAL for tons of inspiration as people upload their WIP (work-in-progress) and FO (finished object) photos.
We are giving away two amazing prizes for two winners! No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. To enter into the drawing, you just need to participate in the Ravelry forum by posting at least one image of your WIP or FO or over on Instagram using the hashtag #MaxandHerbKAL in a post. You are more than welcome to share or use the hashtag in your stories too! However, they will not be trackable for prizes. We will announce winners in the first week of June.
Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are, at the time of the entry, at least eighteen (18) years old.
INCLUSIVE SPACE AND MUTUAL RESPECT
We will be moderating this space to keep it safe for everyone in this community. Thank you for being a part of creating a safe, creative, inclusive space for all. Please do not include any chart information or pattern information that gives away any information or work of the designer as a show of respect for her work. If you have questions about the space, the conversation, or really anything, feel free to call the shop at 470-246-5532 during store hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!