Paula Vest Test Knit Application
Yay! I´ve written a new pattern and knitted the sample, now I need you! Would you like to test knit this pattern for me?
Test knitting is a lovely way of showing support to your favorite designers... not to mention getting your hands on a pattern before anyone else! As a test knitter, you will receive a free copy of the knitting pattern to knit by the deadline I have set.
In return, I would love to get detailed and accurate feedback from you on whether you think the pattern is clear and correct, the measurements match what described in the pattern, and your overall experience of knitting this pattern. By doing this, you are helping me to make this pattern the very best it can be before I release it to the rest of the knitting community! So thank you!
PAULA VEST KNITTING PATTERN DETAILS —
Before you decide if you want to be a test knitter, here are all the details you should know:
August 5th (not flexible, so you should be a reasonably fast knitter)
SKILL LEVEL —
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS —
95.5 (104.5, 117, 126, 135.5, 144.5, 157, 166, 178.5) cm / 38.5 (41.75, 46.75, 50.5, 54.25, 57.75, 62.75, 66.5, 71.5)” — to be worn with 20 cm / 8” positive ease. 40 (42, 44, 46, 48)” circumference at bust
INTENDED EASE —
20 cm / 8”
4 (5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 9) skeins The City Wool (100% Superwash Merino Wool); sample uses color Natural Rome. Yarn usage includes the making f a swatch. You are welcome to use an alternative bulky yarn if you’d prefer.
12mm (US17) 24” circular needles + 10mm (US15) 24” circular needles.
10 cm / 4” = 6.5 stitches and 8 rows (after blocking) in pattern stitch using 12 mm (17 US) needlesSwatching is very important to get the correct size!).
Tapestry needle, stitch holders or waste yarn.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A TEST KNITTER —
Being a test knitter is more of a mind set than a skill set.
The most important quality in a test knitter is that they're able to follow instructions and stick to the deadline. Plus,
- We shall communicate often through Instagram or email. I´m here for you! If you have any questions during the test knit, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will answer your questions ASAP. It is better that you ask me questions, rather than spend too much time trying to figure something out on your own.
- You can expect to find errors. These can be grammatical or mathematical errors, convey things that could have been explained better , etc. Please communicate them to me ASAP.
- You should follow the pattern at all times, as written. Please note that gauge is key!
- You must keep to the deadline. If you are having any trouble with meeting the deadline, let me know because any delays on your end will delay the release of the pattern too.
- You should keep detailed notes on any areas of the pattern that you had difficulty with; that are unclear or wrong, final measurements, yarn usage, etc. Report everything back to me.
- You should put the finished project up on Ravelry. Feel free to post abstract photos and notes about the project as you work on it, but please save the photo of the final reveal until the pattern has been launched. At this point, you can link your project to the launched pattern page, which I will provide you with.
APPLY TO BE A TEST KNITTER FOR PAULA VEST —
If you would like to apply to be a test knitter for Paula Vest, please fill out this simple form.
I will be in touch!
Thank you so much for your interest in test knitting for me. I really appreciate your help in making this pattern the best it can be before I release it to the public.